Toxic Algae From Lakes, Ponds Responsible For Deaths of At Least 4 Dogs

Dog owners across the south (Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia) are devastated after a simple day at the lake ended with their dogs being exposed to a toxic algae.

A couple from Wilmington said by the time they got home from the lake, their dogs started seizing and showing signs of liver failure, by the next night all three dogs were dead.

The toxins come from blue-green algae blooms, which can cause a dog’s liver to stop functioning.

More at ABCNews4

PC: Illumination Marketing on Unsplash

~ Torry

Playlist